World Tai Chi and Qigong Day (WTCQD) is a free annual community event held the last Saturday of April each year to promote Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong. Since 1999, it has been celebrated in 100s of cities, spanning nearly 80 countries across the world.
World Tai Chi Day in Colorado Springs
Every year The Tai Chi Association of Colorado Springs joins in on this worldwide healing event, which helps bring hope and awareness about the many amazing health and martial benefits of Tai Chi. On this day, people come together to breathe together, with a healing vision for our world.
This annual April event is open to the general public, and begins in the earliest time zones of Samoa at 10 am, and then people across Oceania, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, and South America take part, offering celebrations in eighty nations and several hundred cities, ending with the final events in the last time zones of Hawaii — almost an entire day later. These celebrations include massive Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong exhibitions in many cities, with free classes in most participating cities.
The Goals of World Tai Chi and Qigong Day are to:
- Educate the world about emerging medical research revealing health benefits that Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong offer.
- Educate the world about the increasing use of these ancient traditional Chinese medicine modalities in fields such as healthcare, education, penal and drug rehabilitation, and business.
- Provide a global vision of cooperation for health and healing purposes across geopolitical boundaries, and also an appeal to people worldwide to embrace wisdom from all the cultures of the world.
- Thank Chinese culture for the gifts of Tai Chi and Qigong to the world.
Colorado Springs Dates/Time:
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 – 10 am to 12 Noon
FREE! Bring your Family and Friends!
America the Beautiful Park, overlooking Pikes Peak and the Front Range
Join The Tai Chi Association of Colorado Springs activities, led by Sifu Michael Paler and his senior students.
List of other Locations: